Since January 2021, we have been allowed to be open every day, Monday to Saturday.
We shall, of course continue to follow all of the necessary guidelines and protocols and we will all be wearing masks, aprons and gloves to treat you whilst cleaning between each patient, in order to keep everyone safe and we look forward to seeing you very soon.
Of course if you are shielding or clinically vulnerable and wish to reschedule your appointment, we are happy to do this.
We are delighted to introduce a new chiropractor to our team, Joy Harrison. Some of you may have seen Joy already as she has done locum work at the clinic in the past. Joy is available on Mondays from 9.00 – 6.00 and Fridays from 9.00 – 16.00.
Please call us on 02380 330090.
Important Safety Information – Please Read!
Everyone’s safety is paramount to us at The Avenue Clinic and with this in mind we would ask you to please read the following information before you come to see us again! Thank you.
Once you have made an appointment:
- You will receive a form by email to confirm to us that you do not have Covid-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who has. Please read and sign where indicated and return by email where possible or call the receptionist for advice. Please Note We must have a signed copy of this form in order to be able to treat you!
- If a New Patient, you will receive an Intake Form online to please complete and return. If this is not possible, please call the receptionist to make alternative arrangements.
- If you are in the ‘at risk group’, you are strongly advised NOT to receive care at this time but please contact your chiropractor to discuss.
On arrival at the practice, please adhere to the following instructions:
- Based on government guidelines, we would ask that you wear your own face covering.
- Enter the practice no sooner than five minutes before or exactly on time for your appointment.
- Please attend your appointment on your own, unless you are under 16 years old.
- For added protection we request that visitors sanitise their hands, using the hand sanitiser provided, on entering the building
- Please do not approach the staff.
- Please note that we would politely ask that you use our online booking to minimise non-clinical face to face to face contact. If this is not possible, please note that payments taken in the clinic will be cashless and using contactless card payments as often as possible.
- Please leave the clinic immediately and as quickly as possible after your appointment (or after payment).
- Please do not place personal belongings (wallets, keys, coins or mobile phones) on any clinic surface; we ask that you either do not bring them into the clinic with you or do not take them out of your pockets.
- Unfortunately the toilet and bathroom will not be for patient use, please make sure you use the bathroom at home before you attend the clinic.
- Please do not ask for receipts to be printed while in the clinic.
We have implemented the following measures:
- We have increased the distances between chairs and covered chairs with wipeable covering in the waiting room.
- Our receptionists will be behind a plastic screen
- There will be no magazines or any other paper in the reception area.
- We have increased the time between appointments to reduce the number of people in reception.
- We are providing hand sanitiser for you to use, in the reception area and treatment rooms.
- Our reception staff will be frequently sanitising work surfaces, chairs, door handles and the card payment machine as well as between every patient visit.
- We are sanitising treatment beds between patients.
- Our chiropractors are taking extra precautionary measures themselves and are wearing the correct PPE, as advised by Public Health England and the British Chiropractic Association. This includes one time use masks, aprons and gloves
- We are keeping windows open for fresh air flow.
- If you are having a regular treatment then contact time between you and your practitioner will be a maximum of 15 minutes.
- If you are a new patient then contact time between you and your practitioner will be a maximum of 45 minutes.
You cannot book an appointment if:
Unfortunately at this time we cannot see you if you or someone in your household/under your care are in a higher risk group for complications from the virus. High risk or extremely clinically vulnerable people are advised to shield. More information on what dictates an extremely clinically vulnerable person can be found at the link below.
Please reschedule your appointment (for two weeks time).
If you, or someone in your household/under your care are self-isolating, or have any symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Flu like symptoms
- Loss of smell or taste
Other symptoms of COVID19 can be found at the link below.
Consider rescheduling your appointment.
If you are an older person (over 70’s) with underlying health conditions.
Thanks for reading and we look forward to seeing you all again soon!